The Fountain of Youth
Fountain of Youth
For thousands of years, people have been seeking the fountain of youth. The fountain of youth is right here in front of you! WATER! That’s right water.
Did you know:
- Your body is made up of mostly water. Your blood is 83% water, muscles are 75% water, brain is 74% water and bones are 22% water?
- Your lungs expel between 2-4 cups of water daily just by breathing alone!
- When perspiring, you expel approximately 2 cups of water.
- When you go to the restroom, if you make a half dozen trips, that’s another 6 cups of water.
Drink water daily!
The goal for daily water intake should be at least half your body weight in ounces. For example, if your body weight is 100 pounds, then drink at least 50 ounces of water daily.
Water is the fuel for your body. Just as a gas car cannot drive without gas, your body cannot function without water!
How can I increase daily water intake?
* Kick off your day with a glass of water.
* Find a gallon size bottle with time goals.
* Try flavoring your water with mint, cucumber, or oranges.
* Keep water in the home. Avoid storing sugary beverages in the home.